Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Growing big!

Yesterday, we had Ace's 2 month appointment and let me tell you it was a production! As soon as we checked in we got an update of everything they needed to check on Ace for the day. I saw the word 'vaccination' and started to tear up. I cried when they took blood from him at his 2 week appointment and I knew it was going to be the same. I guess it's the feeling of not being able to comfort him right away when he cries, excuse me, screams. Shots were the last to come, so first he was stripped down, weighed (10 lbs. 6.5 oz.), measured, poked and stretched. He did such a great job for the doctor, but ended up peeing on dad before we got his diaper back on. Hilarious I tell ya! After the doctor left, the nurse was going to come back in and give him the shots. I was so grateful that Matt was with us during this appointment because I got myself so worked up that I had to leave the room, I actually left the clinic and waited in the car. Matt came out after getting baby Tylenol and said Ace was a trooper and he stopped crying as soon as the shots were over. I'm sure I'll not be such a Nancy and be present for the next round of shots. I'm going to have to be there at some point right? Yesterday just wasn't the day!
The weekend was pretty exciting, Saturday we went to watch Josh Blackburn (a friend of Matt's who plays at Baker Street sometimes) at the Battle of the Bands at Herman's Hideaway. It was pretty exciting, he went on last (12am) and totally rocked the house. It was amazing to see how many people were there just for him. He ended up winning against 3 other bands, like full-on bands! One guy with a few guitars and his voice beat out 3 other drums/guitar/bass bands! He ended up winning quite a package, he gets 3 songs on the next Rock Band game that comes out and air time on the radio. It was cool to see someone we know kind of make it big! We were lucky to have uncle Cody and aunt Meaghan here to watch the baby while Matt and I got out together.
Sunday we got our first family pictures taken! They came out beautiful! I'm so lucky to have a friend who is a photographer. We were able to take the pictures in the comfort of our own home for 2 hours! She did the poses we wanted and I couldn't be happier with what we're getting!  Ace peed on dad twice during those pictures as well. I couldn't help but laugh :) After pictures, we went to a wedding reception for some friends of ours. Ace got to spend time with grandma this time and Matt and I were able to really cut loose. Not drinking for 10 months and then getting silly like that was nothing I wish on anyone. I would have written this yesterday, but after Ace's baby appointment, I was in no shape to move from the couch. My dad always said 'If you wanna dance, you gotta pay the band'... I paid the band pretty well yesterday!
Our first family photos...







No comments:

Post a Comment